2018-2019 Workshop FEES
(before 30 day deadline)
(after 30 day deadline)
|ONE DAY: EARLY
(before 30 day deadline)
|ONE DAY: FULL RATE
(after 30 day deadline)
|TEACHER/STUDIO OWNER (18+)
|ADDITIONAL ROOKIE OBSERVER
*Includes 1 Rookie Observer band. Rookie Observers are for parents of dancers ages 5-7 registered in the RADIX Rookie Room.
**Additional Rookie Observer bands only available onsite.
- Dance studios may apply their own administrative fees.
- In some cities, Teen & Senior rooms may be combined.
- Ages listed above are guidelines; it is at the Teacher/Studio Owner's discretion whether they would like to place a particular student by age or ability. Please remember all workshop and scholarship ages are as of January 1, 2019.
- Level changes must be be done within the first two classes of the workshop on Saturday.
- (Workshop fees include a minimum of 10 class hours.)
- No foreign checks accepted. Bank money orders must be payable in US Funds only.
- You may register for RADIX by mail or online. FAX OR PHONE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- In order to receive the Early Rate, all registrations must be postmarked 30 days prior to the first day of the event. Any fees that are not paid in full 30 days prior will be subject to pay the Full Rate. (Registration deadlines can be found on your specific city page).
- Checks should be made payable to RADIX Dance Convention. Please send ONE check for all fees (workshop fees & competition fees can be included in one check).
- No refunds on workshop fees. NO EXCEPTIONS.
- All returned checks will be subject to a $35 fee.
- At the door, registration must be paid cash, credit card, cashier's check, or money order. RADIX does not accept personal OR studio checks.
- RADIX reserves the right to close a level once maximum capacity has been reached.
- In order to compete, dancers must be registered for the full workshop.
- All dancers registered for the workshop must have completed and signed a RADIX waiver in order to participate.
RETURNING STUDENT DISCOUNTS
Students who attend more than one 2018-2019 regional workshop will receive 50% off the workshop fee for each additional city.
TEACHER/STUDIO OWNER DISCOUNTS
|Bring 5-20 Students
||1 Teacher/Studio Owner attends free
|Bring 21-39 Students
||2 Teachers/Studio Owners attend free
|Bring 40-59 Students
||3 Teachers/Studio Owners attend free
|Bring 60+ Students
||4 Teachers/Studio Owners attend free PLUS one complimentary hotel room for two nights at the host hotel!
- Total number of students cannot include scholarship recipients or observers.
- If you qualify for the complimentary hotel room, RADIX will make your reservation at the hotel and will pay for the room & tax. Please be sure to provide the name for the reservation on the workshop registration form. All rooms reserved will have two double beds.
- Teachers/Studio Owners who attend more than one 2018-2019 regional workshop with competing students may attend additional 2018-2019 cities at no charge.
DANCERS IN COLLEGE
RADIX is proud to support dancers in college! We welcome you to join us for a weekend of incredible dance classes and are happy to offer a "college rate" to all students with a valid college ID. We kindly require a $195 fee for all college dancers. The College Rate is good for registration in the Senior Ballrooms only.
Core Community Studio Scholarship
If your studio brings 10 or more paying dancers to the RADIX workshop, you will receive a RADIX Core Community Studio Scholarship. This Scholarship allows a Teacher/Studio Owner to select one dancer from their studio to come back to one RADIX workshop during the 2019-2020 regional season, free of charge!
ONE DAY WORKSHOP
- One day participants can register for the one day workshop for Saturday OR Sunday. We recommend dancers register for Saturday, as Sunday classes are often a continuation of class on Saturday.
- Students who wish to attend for one day cannot register for the competition. Dancers who are registered for the competition must be registered for the entire weekend workshop.
- One day participants are NOT eligible for any scholarships.
Great news! We have expanded our Rookie program to a two day workshop and now also include a Rookie division in our competition. This is a great intro into the convention world for dancers ages 5 & up! The Rookie program is for young dancers who want to experience Radix but might find the Mini Room too challenging. The Rookie workshop consists of half-day classes on both Saturday and Sunday. One free Rookie Observer Band will be given to the studio for the appropriate parent/guardian for each registered Rookie dancer. This band will only allow entrance to the Rookie workshop room, NO exceptions. Additional Rookie Observer bands can be purchased, if needed.
Rookies can participate in the competition, as long as they are registered for both days of the Rookie workshop. One day Rookie participants cannot compete.
RADIX believes a dancer is best served by attending consistent classes with a reputable dance studio. We do acknowledge that in certain circumstances a dancer is "independent." RADIX defines independent dancers as dancers not associated with a physical dance studio and taking consistent classes as part of a structured program. We understand this rule is subjective, therefore any questions will be resolved at the RADIX Director's discretion.
Independent dancers are welcome to participate in the RADIX Workshop.
Independent dancers are not eligible to compete in RADIX's Competition.
Independent dancers are unable to receive Core Performer scholarships but are eligible for all other scholarships.
- Observer bands must be purchased in order to watch workshop classes.
- Observers must be attending with paid students only.
- One free Rookie Observer Band will be given to the studio for the appropriate parent/guardian for each registered Rookie dancer. This band will only allow entrance to the Rookie workshop room, NO exceptions. Additional Rookie Observer bands can be purchased for $40.
- Teachers, Studio Owners & dancers must wear their respective bands and are not allowed to wear observer bands at any time.
- Observers do not have access to the Teacher/Studio Owner room or closed rehearsals at any time.
- Observers are NOT allowed into the audition combo classes or the actual RADIX Core Performer auditions.
- Observer wristbands are not required for the Welcome Show, the Competition, or the Closing Show.
- Wristbands must be visible to the RADIX staff at all times in all rooms during workshop classes.
- Please keep all talking and noise to a minimum while classes are in session.
- Discussions and phone calls should be taken outside the ballroom.
- Ballroom chairs and belongings must be kept back against the walls in order for dancers to have maximum dance space.
- Videotaping and/or photography are prohibited at all times during workshop classes. Still photos can be taken in between classes. Please note: While photos with the faculty are allowed in between classes, we ask that you be mindful of the faculty's timeliness to his or her next class as well as the start time for your child's next class.
- One day Observer wristbands are not available.
- If wristbands are lost, a new one must be purchased for $60.
- RADIX reserves the right to limit observers based on attendance and space limitations.
Studios registered prior to the 30-day deadline will receive an e-mail confirmation regarding registered workshop participants, competition routines (if applicable), and payment information.
Optional Master Classes
Please note: This schedule is tentative & subject to change.
IMPORTANT: In some cities, competition may begin on Friday. Anyone registering for a solo or duo/trio must be available to perform on Fridays after 3:30pm. If RADIX decides to schedule any solos or duo/trios before 3:30pm on Friday and a routine decides not to perform, RADIX will provide a full refund. In some cities, there might be Group Competition on Friday after 3:30pm. If this happens, we will do our best to notify the studio at least two weeks prior. There will NEVER be Group Competition on Friday before 3:30pm.
SAFETY & SECURITY
- The host hotel, facilities and RADIX Dance Convention are not responsible for any lost personal items or injuries.
- If a participant of RADIX Dance Convention is in need of first aid, please see a RADIX Staff member at the registration desk.
- Please make sure all personal items are against the perimeter of the ballroom, under the chairs, at all times to avoid injury.
- All dancers under the age of 16 who are registered with RADIX Dance Convention must be accompanied by an adult of a legal age.
- All dancers registered for the workshop must complete and sign a RADIX Participant waiver.